Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2011

We've all got baggage.

I don't normally come to this place to talk about what actually happened during my day, in general blogs that do are normally done by people who do things much more important than myself. or cunts.

..so you'll have to bare with me.

It all started at 6:10pm when I got on the 6:10pm train from Hades to the Metropolis, a train full of very important business people who had finished their important days work.

There were no seats in the carraige so I climbed up into the overhead baggage compartment much to the annoyance of the man whose jacket and bag I was sitting on. He tutted in annoyance much in the way I would have done if someone sat on my posessions, but hey! it was 6.10pm and needs must, even for someone less important than the man with the baggage. "If you don't want people sitting on your bags, I suggest you sit on them yourself." I said, and it was a response that I was proud of.



Which is a deadly sin.

After being sat down a few minutes after the important man angrily moved his posessions, I realized I was not in the overhead baggage area at all, but actually on a seat, I was right all along, something I should have started this with really but then it wouldn't have made as much sense to you, no doubt, and if I were more important I might have spotted it earlier, but because I'm as insignificant as I am I wasn't going to beat myself up about it. As much as I wanted to I didn't beat up the man I offended either, my arms are scrawney and there are more elequent ways of doing so.

So I did a shit on his bag.

After a few hours in a cell for being arrested for defacating in a public place I've had ample time to think about the situation. Karl Marx the well known sociologist is legendary in the field of Marxism, mainly because he created it. His body of work is immense, best known for 'Das Kapital' a study in class and its role in society. His lesser known works on 'Bagsism' are no less enlightening.



After reading Marx's study in peoples bags on trains and where they should be placed in terms of the importance of their owner I realized that I was wrong to sit anywhere near his bag and jacket, and that even though I had paid for a ticket on the train, and his bags hadn't, I was no less in the wrong.



"This is first class mate, fuck off to the cattle carraige."

It takes a big man to admit he is not as important as another man, and an even bigger man to admit that he is not as important as a mans bag, yet here I am admiting I was wrong. I was not the bigger man at the time, but I am the biggest man now, and of course there is always the works into society conducted by Levi -Strauss, in his seminal 'People who are on trains who put their bags on seats so that other people can't sit down are cunts.'



Ultimately, you may be a prince or a pauper, but if you choose to travel pleb class, you're just another arse on a seat, and if you find your bag taking up a seat when people are standing in a carraige on a train, you should ask yourself "Am I a total and utter fucking prick?" Invariably, the answer will be yes.

Even so, you can always act like a prick to your fellow man, because after all, some bags are more equal than others.


No comments:

Post a Comment