Pages

Monday 14 January 2013

Feminists vs Transexuals.


In the Observer this week, battle lines were drawn when Julie Burchill led a fierce ground attack on the transexual community. This was following last weeks accidental airstrike on the same community by Suzanne Moore. Of course, this is all metaphoric and there isn't really a proper war involving guns and missiles and shelling like there is in Israel and Palestine, but it would be really funny if there were; I am in fact using an analogy to help your tiny little minds understand what is going on better.

Moore is, (according to her Wikipedia entry) born of an American father and a working class mother. From this you begin to understand how the class system works, that it is impossible to categorise an American man into the class system. Furthermore, the combination of a working class mother and American father is almost always going to produce women who are veermently transphobic (Transphobia is the fear or irrational hatred of either transport systems or transexuals, but usually both.)



Julie Burchill looking sexy on a beach, only don't think that, because she is a feminist and does not want to be objectified by horrible bastard men.

Why are you telling me, you ask? In truth, it's because I haven't written a blog for a long time and couldn't really think of anything else to write about and was worried about becoming completely dormant as a 'writer'. AND because of the twitstorm that was created by her defence of Suzanne Moore, I am aware that this is getting longwinded so I will get to the point. Last week, Suzanne Moore was saying something or other about body image because it had just been Christmas and everyone was a bit fat, and she said, "I'ts alright, don't worry about it, we need to get away from the idea of female perfection as being a Brazillian Transexual."

I think this is discusting for two reasons:

Reason A, or 1, I haven't decided which yet: men don't want to think of the women that they are objectifying to be post op men.

Reason 2: Suzanne Moore is legitimizing the womans right to be fat, which they should not have. They already have the vote, in a few years they will have equal pay, they have the right to work, in short, they already have a lot of rights.

|

And this should not be one of them.


But all this is academic anyways because Moore upset a group of people more vocal than me, and that is the transexual community. The transexual community is a small area just north of Hainault on the edge of London. It has a transexual community centre, a transexual garden centre and a transexual alotment. They do a really nice job in keeping their community in check and working well; in short, it is the perfect example of David Cameron's big society. It is for this reason that the left leaning Observer Newspaper launched such an audacious attack on them.



Cameron, explaining that he too considered gender realignment surgary, before realizing that it would make his breasts big and cause extra strain on his back.



This of course is only one theory, and when you look closely at the situation it becomes clear that this is not an attack by proxy on the Conservative party, but that feminists are simply jealous of transexuals. After all they usually have nicer bodies because they have had lots of surgary than proper women, they have bigger and better boobs, and most importantly, they have their own community, the transexual community, complete with its own community centre, community play area for transgendered children and a transgendered park where transgendered people can get together to walk their transgendered dogs. It's actually really nice and is pretty much the only reason I can think of that Julie Burchill would attack it.



I bet you are wondering why that last line is italicized don't you? Well it's because I accidentally hit shift and a button isn't it, but I quite like the effect of it so I am leaving it there. As someone who is quite confident that no one else reads this I can get away with doing things like that, but if I were a columnist, and my actual job was to spew out wanky opinions week after week, it would probably be more important to worry about the effect of my writing, say, accidentally italicizing lines, or saying something offensive about the transgender community would have more of an impact if I were a collumnist at a paper like The Observer. I would expect some comeback if I offended a minority group for a cheap laugh. Unfortunately I am not a woman so I wouldn't be able to hide behind the banner of Feminism in the way that Suzanne Moore has. Similarly, I am not protected by the eloquant, balanced and liberal mind of Julie Burchill, so I would be even more fucked.

The only question I have left to answer is which side of the fence I am on. I seem to have taken a position defending Transgendereds over columnists, but to be honest, I don't really give a shit, I just said it to fill a gap. Which I suppose makes me closer to a collumnist than someone with sympathies for the transgendered community.

No comments:

Post a Comment