Pages

Sunday 13 December 2009

Manmachine201's uneasy guide to the gods, x-factor & a massive shit.

I know what you are both thinking, 7 blogs on the trot followed by 5 empty and updateless days. I am only one man, totally devoid of anything interesting to fuel me over the past few days apart from the haunting vision of what must have been 10 million people decending on me because I had the wrong kind of shirt, begging me to help them like I was some kind of diety and berrating me when I couldn't deliver their expectations. It made me think, this must be what it is like to be (a) G(g)od.

Man has had a strange relationship with the gods in the past but the thing that I want to start with is the difference between capitalization of the judeo christain version of God who most certainly does have a capital G



capital G

...and gods from other more inferior religions like Buddhist, Hindi, Jahova and chinese dont put a capital letter on their gods. Probably because they haven't been educated properly...if they would then they might even grasp the concept of only one god, a bit like the highlander.

That in itself would probably make a great beat em up computer game pitting buddha against Ganeeha over the course of a best of 3 fight to the death while pressing things like down down up soft punch hard kick to make buddha do 3 back flips before grabbing ganesh by his trunk, twisting him round 3 times before throwing him into the far corner of a screen then jumping on his ribs.



Buddha wins.

It is a lovely thought but unfortunately I pay such little attention to computer games that this game may have already come out and people could have talked to me really enthusiastically about this game and I simply smiled and nodded and gone through the motions of pretending to listen while simply picking out the next moment to go to the toilet to have a massive shit. and a wank.



That one in the background looks like he might be a god.

So it looks like I'll have to put up with Olly pitting his wits against Joe in tonights X-Factor final in a clash that is the closest to Gods fighting as I am going to get today (note that X-Factor deserves capitalisation in our society and polytheistic gods still only get a lowercase g.)

Whoever wins tonights X-Factor final is largely irrelevant because the winner of the 2 will ultimately go on to be the christmas number one with a Miley Cyrus song, whichever way the vote goes.

I don't normaly like to go on about my life too much in these scrawlings because there are more interesting things going on, but the strangest thing happened to me to stop me from blogging over the past few days which I think you both deserve to know about.

I was sat at home trying to get my internet connection to work, (it has been eratic over the past few days) when I decided to do some DIY on my dongle (!) Whilst pulling apart this small implement trying to identify the source of the problem, I was distracted by a loose screw on my front door which had been causing it to have problems shutting. I figured that while I had the screwdriver out I might as well fix the door, so I unscrewed the loose screw in the door with the intention of replacing it. The door was off its hinges and the dongle was in pieces on the floor. It was at this point that I noticed that there was a loose screw on the outside of my flat, I thought that while I had my screwdriver out it might be the best time to fix that problem... anyway, this went on for a few hours and at the end of those said hours, I had unscrewed every screw on the planet. Everything was in pieces on the ground, which in turn was in pieces because I had unscrewed that as well.

Half of the people on the planet seemed to not mind and embrace the fact that everything they ever knew had been deconstructed piece by piece. The other half were fucking furious.



I feel like science has performed a similar function to my screwdriver by deconstructing and debunking myths and legends over the past 500 years, when Galileo first noticed that one of the screws were loose, realizing that the sun didn't revolve around the earth and the world probably wasn't flat.



From then on, the basic belief that the universe was kept in order by some kind of god was challenged at every turn, to the point where even the historical accuracy of the bible was called into question.

The only actual problem is that Science hasn't offered us a reasonable alternative to religion in terms of the human beings sense of purpous. What are we here for? Are we trapped inside a matrix? Are we being made to believe that God doesn't exist as a form of trickery to trap our souls into eternal damnation? to be honest who the fuck cares? the X-Factor final is on in just over an hour and I get to see the closest thing to a clash between Gods as I am going to get all week.



the Final Judgement.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.molleindustria.org/faith-fighter

    fight the good fight

    ReplyDelete